Are you extraordinary? Please apply if so.
Role open: Technology Lead
Last updated: 30/06/21
Yokeru is helping everyone get care when they need it. We are crafting care infrastructure, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. Working with us, you'll be building the technology that enables effective care systems. This means you have an unprecedented opportunity to help people get care when they need it, whilst doing the most important work of your career. As one of our first engineering hires, you can expect to have lots of responsibility, and we are growing fast.
Salary: Package negotiable (salary + options)
Location: Remote working (UK hours) with monthly in-person team meetings
The team at Yokeru is exceptional, we care deeply, and we work on a very hard problem. Solving the problem will change how care is delivered globally, so it's essential we deliver on our vision.
- Scale-up Yokeru's AI calling platform, including building further APIs
- Work with us to scope and build our new AI / ML products that identify vulnerable people who need support
- Analyzing existing operations and identifying / managing product improvements
- Recruiting, managing and developing a wider engineering team
- Identifying risks with our existing operations and future plans, and forming contingency plans fast
- Keeping up-to-date with care industry trends and developments
- Being transparent with the team about challenges, failures, and successes
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you encounter
- Help your teammates by sharing knowledge, mentoring, and participating in our on-call rotation
We're looking for someone who has:
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Demonstrated experience in full-stack development
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience designing complex systems to be automatic, safe, efficient, and effective
- Excellent coding skills with a high bar for quality and scalability
- A learning mindset, regardless of level or experience
- An empathetic, humble, and customer-focused demeanour
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Strong organizational and task management skills
Although we're a young company, we're building a team that thinks long-term. Founded by two brothers, Monty and Hector, we are fully remote and work mostly asynchronously. We're registered in the UK, and work UK hours, but we don't mind where you're based. We have plans to set up a European office next year.
How to Apply
Does this role sound like a good fit for you? If so, please email us at email@example.com.
- The role's title in the subject line
- A cover letter that describes why you're the right person for the job. We want to know why the role at Yokeru excites you
- Your CV
After receiving your application, if we feel you're the right fit, we'll set up a video interview. In the interview, we'll ask you to present a short presentation (that we will ask you to prepare in advance). Following that, there will be a further technical interview before we make you an offer.
At Yokeru, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Yokeru, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.